Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bye-Bye Sippy Cups!

When Adlani was a baby I celebrated every milestone...the last can of formula I would ever buy, the last jar of baby food, each clothing size immediately boxed up and given away along with the bouncy seat, infant car seat & stroller frame, boppy pillow, slings, co-sleeper, crib bumpers, exersaucer, jolly jumper, etc. I was counting the days until the end of bottles, diapers, and double-daycare. Then, January 4th, 2006...it was the shock of a lifetime when we found out that Norah was on her way and we needed to get our stuff back!

So now we are celebrating the milestones again...and taking extra precautions if you know what I mean. Last week we reached a milestone that has never been reached in the Greenabderrazak household - the end of the sippy cups. We have had sippy cups cluttering up the glass cabinet for almost 8 years. The other day I just couldn't take them from the dishwasher to the cabinet one more time so I threw them all in a bag for one of the lucky recipients of our hand-me-downs. I felt so FREEEEEEE!!!!

With all that extra space in the glass cupboard I have plenty of room for the AWESOME snack containers I found at the Container Store. The top part goes in the freezer and the gel keeps drinks cold. There's a flip up straw thingie on the top, and the snack container screws onto the bottom. Each part can be used separately too - the snack container is threaded on the open end for the lid and the other end to attach to the cold cup.

I guess when it comes right down to it, they're not much different from sippy cups, BUT sometimes I fill the cold part with sangria so I can get through the bedtime routine with no spills. BRILLIANT!!

Here's where to buy your own sangria cups.

While I'm on the subject of sangria...several people have asked for my recipe recently so here it is again: 1 bottle of red wine (I use Rioja), 3 cups orange juice, 1/3 cup Triple Sec, 1/3 cup Apricot Brandy, 1/3 cup sugar - mix it up and pour over ice and fruit. Or directly into your new sangria cup. The ice and fruit just take up space.

.

No comments: