Monday, May 10, 2010

Time Flies - Part 2 (Finally!)

I really can't remember a week as busy as last week.  I had so much going on at work, at home, and at school, that every moment was double-booked and I had to put all of my blogging activities on hold.  It was a really hectic week and I'm glad it's over.  On the bright side, all of the hard work paid off and we had a lovely teacher appreciation lunch, a successful school fundraiser, and a relaxing Mothers' Day, which I will post about shortly.

So as I was saying, when I look at other peoples' kids it feels like time is flying by.  Case in point, we just went to our friend Victoria's first holy communion.  Aliya and Victoria have known each other since they met at day care when they were 6 and 7 months old.  It's amazing - that was 8 years ago!

Adlani and Shane were born just over a week apart, so they've known each other since birth.  I will never forget driving Aliya and Vic to see Elmo or Barney in Worcester and telling Karen that I thought I was pregnant and finding out that she was too!!

Poor Sydney plays the part of the older sibling in the motley crew, and then there's Miss Norah, who tags along with whoever's nearby.  I think it will be so cool to see everyone grow up together and remember all the little moments of their childhoods intertwined. 

Here are pics of Aliya and Vic, and Shane and Adlani in the early days:


__________________________________________________
And some from the first holy communion celebration:

Adlani's obviously plotting an accidental frosting interaction.

__________________________________________________
Norah loves salad.



__________________________________________________
This is what happened when I said, "Act like you like each other."

No comments: