Thursday, January 14, 2010

Princess Hair, or Witch Hair?

What's it gonna be??

Yesterday was a rough morning.  Nothing unusual, just another case of three kids not doing what they were supposed to be doing until we were so late that we missed drop-off time at preschool, and because of that, we missed the bus.  Not a surprise.

I walked into Norah's school, already knowing that we would miss the bus and I'd have to drive Aliya and Adlani to their school and then WAIT until it was time for the kids to go inside.  I hate waiting!!!

When I saw Norah's teacher I said, "Her hair is a barometer of my mood.  When she has Princess Hair, things are going well and I even had time to make her look presentable.  When she has Witch Hair, things aren't going so well."

Not a shock, yesterday she had Witch Hair.  I'm sure the teacher was thinking that her little 3-month-old princess would NEVER be going to school with Witch Hair.  I used to think that way, but I've let quite a few things slide.  In fact, I can't remember the last time Norah went to school with Princess Hair.

The unexpected benefit is that Norah has an overwhelming desire for all things Princess, so I can now threaten her with Witch Hair and actually get some results. 

------------------------------------------------------
Here it is...the dreaded Witch Hair:




No comments: