Sunday, April 11, 2010

29 Gifts, Day 17-18 - Manual Labor & Surprises

Now that spring has arrived and with it the spring soccer season, I'm kinda wishing it was February again.  It was a typical whirlwind weekend...2 soccer games on Saturday (photos to follow), 1 on Sunday (Ben), plus the benefit at the American Girl Store.


------------------------------------------------------
I worked on several gifts this weekend.  Late Saturday afternoon we attempted to move sand from the preschool parking lot to the sandbox.  Holy CRAP it was a lot of sand and we realized at the last minute that our wheelbarrow had disappeared so we improvised with sleds.  We got about half the pile moved and then we went to dinner at Bugaboo Creek.  The waitress came to take our drink order and I said, "I'm gonna need something strong...I think the Pineapple Splash Moose Juice will get me through the meal."  She looked at me like a woman who doesn't have 3 kids out to dinner at 8 p.m., but I was too tired to care.  And the Moose Juice worked - I highly recommend it.  Here's the sand pile:


-----------------------------------------------------
My gifts for today are surprises.  One was for my incubating niece, and one was for my friend who's in the hospital.  For anyone reading this who's part of the Goddess gift-giving coalition, it's done!  I put on close to a hundred you-know-whats and also the other thing that was suggested for inclusion.  Yay!

And while I was thinking about the Goddesses, I realized that this video was short enough to upload to Youtube.  For everyone who is not a Goddess, it is a video of one of our girls' weekends at deer camp.  It may not interest you unless you like snow, large chunks of meat, and random dancing.


.


No comments: