Monday, December 24, 2007

Mother Knows Best

Remember when your mother told you not to tip in your chair? Well, Adlani didn't heed my warning and tipped over in his chair during breakfast a few weeks ago. He complained that his foot hurt so I took him to the school nurse who poked, prodded, and proclaimed him "fine". She called me a couple of hours later and said that she didn't think he was going to be fine after all. I had a meeting that afternoon which had already been rescheduled due to the color and quantity of Norah's snot, so I sent Ben on the health care odyssey that I usually have to deal with on my own. After a visit to the pediatrician and x-rays at the hospital which confirmed a broken bone in his foot, I caught up with them at the ortho office in time for the cast color selection and bathing instructions. It hasn't slowed him down at all. Two days later he was on the balance beam at Griffin's birthday party, insisting that he didn't need any help. The cast is coming off January 2nd - not a moment too soon because I think I smell something dead in there.

No comments: