Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm Famous!!!

The other day I was at Aliya's school and a tiny kindergartner (too young to be sarcastic) excitedly yelled, "HEY!!! I saw you on TV!!!" The video that I was in for the introduction to the Two-Way program was shown on the public access channel. I said, "I KNOW!!! I'm famous, huh??" She thought about it for a second and said, "Well, not that much." I guess I may not be the next Hannah Montana after all.

On another note, the same day while I was at school, the curriculum director told me that the principal wants Aliya and I to come to orientation for incoming kindergartners. They want Aliya to speak in front of the PARENTS!!! She's excited to do it and I think it will be great for the parents because I remember sitting there last year wondering if we had made the right choice. I hope Aliya's abilities will reassure them somewhat. A 5th grade teacher at her school told me that the Spanish they're hearing from her is similar to what they used to hear in 5th grade before they changed the model this year. Amazing!
.

No comments: