Sunday, May 11, 2008

No Peeing

Last week Aliya asked me "What does a sign mean when it has a 'P' with a circle and a line through it?" In a moment of evil amusement I told her it meant "No Peeing." I don't know what possessed me to say that because I normally answer her questions truthfully and explain things to her satisfaction without giving more than the required amount of details on the more sensitive topics.

We were driving home today and she blurted out, "Why would there be a 'No Peeing' sign in front of a house? Who would pee in someone's driveway anyway??"

I felt a little guilty when I explained that I had just been kidding and that it meant "No Parking."

In her most indignant voice she said, "So you thought it would be funny to allow me to believe the wrong thing for a whole week."

Luckily, she didn't tell her friends. ;-)
.

No comments: