Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back to School!

What a week. Aliya starts kindergarten tomorrow, Adlani starts preschool Tuesday, and Norah starts day care Tuesday. I start Arabic in a week and Zoe has just finished her private lessons. It has been a whirlwind of forms, orientations, and summer reading lists. It has been great having the kids home with Rachael (and usually me) but summer flew by and I'm looking forward to getting into a routine. I've been so busy trying to get everything organized for school that I haven't had much time to think about the fact that this is a major transition time in our lives. I'm really excited about our choices for each of the kids. Aliya's program will teach her to be fluent in Spanish within a few years, and we expect that Adlani and Norah will follow in her footsteps. I met Adlani's teachers tonight and they are TERRIFIC. Norah and I went to see her day care provider Lina last week, and Norah had a great time playing there. When we were ready to leave Lina gave Norah a big squeeze and said, "I love you." It was so touching.

Recent Quote:
Aliya: "I was praying and I told God, 'You've kept our family safe for a long time and you need to keep doing it for a lot longer.' "

No comments: