Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cocktail Weenie

This morning Norah was walking around very proud of herself with a mouthful of something. I gave her the open-your-mouth command which is one of her party tricks (and is also very useful), and there was a complete cocktail weenie in there. How depressing that my kid could find a cocktail weenie on the floor of my house and eat it, without it's presence making even a blip on my radar. What else is on my floor?! It's been at least a couple of days since we've even had cocktail weenies!

I used to be a very clean and organized person...a place for everything and everything in its place. Now I've become much more Fred Sanford than Martha Stewart. How and when did that happen?! That's a rhetorical question because I know the exact date - October 23rd, 2001. I clearly remember hosting a girls' weekend in 2000, and hearing Sherry say, "If your house is this clean after you have kids I'm going to kill you." Well, I'm alive and well. My house is a disaster area and I can't find a thing. Nothing! Ask me to borrow something and see how long it takes me to find it. I will probably go out and buy another one just so I can lend it to you.
.
Sometimes I stumble across something and there's that flash of excited recognition like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in years..."My Mickey Mouse corkscrew!!! It's been too long!!!" And then in a flash...just like that old friend...it disappears into the crowd until the next surprise meeting. I hope Mickey resurfaces again soon. I could use a glass of wine. Or two.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I hope that those cocktail weenies at least came from a "cocktail" party

Dee said...

What's a cocktail weenie??