Monday, October 15, 2007

Funny Stuff

Adlani: "Do you know there's a monster in the bushes?"
Me: "No, there are no monsters."
Adlani: "Yes there is - the green monster! My teachers told me about it. It's in the Sox book."
He's got me there.

Aliya: "I don't think I'm going to have kids. It looks too hard."
Me: "What part looks hard? The birth, or the everyday parenting?"
Aliya: "Well, the birth looks hard...plus when you go to the hospital you can't even enjoy the time without kids because you've got another one coming."

Me, to the waiter at the Melting Pot Restaurant: "If I drink too much wine -"
Aliya: "You'll vomit."
I'm sure the waiter thinks I pray to the porcelain god every Saturday morning but Aliya has NEVER seen me hung over so I don't know where that came from.

Norah, as we walk through the snack aisles of Target: "More! More! More!"
(She has a limited vocabulary, although not bad for 13 months, but I thought I should at least mention her in case it looks like we sold her to the gypsies.)

No comments: