Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I have GOT to get back to posting my musings daily or every couple of days. Otherwise time goes by and there's so much to report that it feels overwhelming. I'll start with my New Year's Resolutions.

First, let me say that I think we should make New Month's Resolutions. If we only have that opportunity for personal goal-setting at the beginning of each year and we've given up on those goals by February, we all look and feel like a bunch of failures. SO...my New Month's Resolutions for January:

~ Get a minimum of 6 hours of sleep per night. Believe it or not, I have kept this resolution so far. A couple of nights were a little close since Norah woke me up before my 6 hours were up, but it's much better than an average of 4 hours per night. I can actually feel the difference.

~ Clean/Organize something every day. Little by little I have been doing a major purge. I've given a lot of stuff to Adlani's school. I also have stuff for Pathways, and 2 gigantic boxes of stuffed animals for Project Hope. I can't afford a bigger house so the stuff has got to go.

~ Do some laundry every day. I have done laundry EVERY SINGLE DAY of 2008 and the laundry mountain has not been depleted at all. How is that possible?!

OK...so my January NMR's aren't going to change the world. There's always February.

No comments: