Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Health and Beauty Aids

For about a year, Norah has been battling eczema. It started out with a few little benign-looking spots here and there, and it has gotten a lot worse this winter. At the end of February she woke up with her legs beet-red like a bad sunburn and her chest and stomach covered with tiny red bumps. The next day her back and arms had the red bumps as well, and her legs were all blotchy. We tried so many products and nothing really helped. To identify the trigger we changed the type of pajamas she wore, the bath soap we used, and witheld certain foods. We weren't able to get rid of it entirely, but a couple of weeks ago I found Aveeno Eczema Care lotion. IT WORKS!!! Now she has just a few small patches - very manageable. I highly recommend this lotion!!

A couple of weeks ago (Monday), Norah was showing signs of conjunctivitis (pink eye) so I took her to the doctor. He said she had allergies. The next day I found out that 3 other kids at her day care had conjunctivitis. The rule for day care is that the child has to have the magic eye ointment for 24 hours before they can return. I called the pediatrician and was told by the nurse that they would not prescribe the ointment for Norah. I told her that several of the other kids used the same pediatric practice and were able to get the ointment. Their answer was still NO! So Norah and I settled in at home for the duration. She still had it on Friday so I called the pediatrician and the answer was STILL NO!!! Luckily it cleared up over the weekend...unluckily (Is that a word?) I ended up with conjunctivitis. I haven't had it since junior high and it SUCKS! BUT...I bought an over-the-counter remedy at Walgreens that really helps! It still sucks but at least it sucks a little bit less.

Speaking of eyes...I've somehow lost my bottle of Arbonne Eye Cream. This is the potion I used on one eye for two weeks to see if there was a difference. After the two week trial period there was an obvious difference between the treated and untreated eyes, and only one person chose the wrong eye in the unofficial test. I REALLY need to find it or shell out another $45, or I'll have to live with one wrinkly eye and one less-wrinkly eye forever. Maybe it will turn up during the ongoing decluttering.

No comments: