Saturday, August 1, 2009

R.T. '09: Home to Willow Grove PA



We left home at about 1 p.m., after the kids came home from their last day of Summer Scene. It was in the middle of a huge deluge, and the weather map showed heavy rain for our entire drive to Willow Grove, Pennsylvania (it didn't last quite that long). Google said it would take us 5 hours, 39 minutes - it ended up taking us about 2 extra hours because of the rain, the traffic, and our pit stop at Kmart in Southbury, Connecticut.

We stopped at Kmart because Aliya was complaining that she was carsick and Adlani was ready to pee his pants. We had just gotten through an hour of sitting in traffic because of a body found beside I-84. Kmart didn't have the motion sickness wristbands (which may be completely psychological but they work for Aliya), so I got her some Dramamine and she took a non-chewable pill for the first time in her life (she also played a cassette Walkman for the first time in her life). We were so desperate to get out of the car that we took full advantage of our time in Kmart, and full advantage of the fact that nobody knew us. I'm typically shy about taking pictures of random things in public, but when the kids (and Ben!) started hobbling around on the geriatric mobility aids I had to document it.

We finally arrived at the Springhill Suites (Marriott) in Willow Grove PA at about 8:30 p.m. The kids and Ben immediately went to the pool and I ordered Dominos. Our room is nice - 2 beds plus a pull-out couch, and a desk in an alcove for me to stay up late posting in both blogs. In honor of my birthday I was told that I could have a bed all to myself, but unfortunately both beds are currently full so I guess it's the sofabed for me. Happy birthday to me.



What is up with this plastic chair made to look like a non-plastic chair?



The Tappan Zee Bridge...



.
The dark lines are the highways where traffic is moving at less than 25 miles per hour:

.
"She's no Lori G, I know that." Gia Jobin
.


.

No comments: