Monday, August 10, 2009

R.T. '09: Brunswick GA to Murrells Inlet SC

This morning we left right after breakfast and drove to Murrells Inlet, which is near Myrtle Beach. Norah had a severe donut craving and demanded a donut for about 60 miles. Demands are extra-annoying when there is absolutely no way to meet the demands, ie. not a single donut shop of any kind. By the time we got to Dunkin Donuts she had fallen asleep. I thought she'd forget about the donut but as soon as she woke up an hour and a half later she started in again. I saw about 6 Krispy Kreme donut shops on the strip tonight so I may start demanding donuts myself first thing tomorrow morning.

The big news of the day is that I had my meeting with the guy I dragged the exit device all the way down here for, and he agreed to include it in his specifications. Very exciting! I don't think I'm good at "selling" and I don't play the salesman role very often, but I've had a few victories over the years. I think I'm set for another couple of years now.

We just got back from the Carolina Roadhouse, where we ate way too much. I need to hurry up and get home before I have to buy a whole new wardrobe of stretchy clothing a size larger. All of this restaurant food and no Zumba is having unwanted effects. When we got to the restaurant we sat down on a bench outside to wait and there was a puddle of either blood or a blood-colored drink under our bench. While we were discussing which one it was, Adlani said with authority, "It's a drink." I asked how he knew it was a drink and he said, "It tastes like a drink and it smells like a drink, so it's a drink." Yes, he had tasted the puddle and told us that it tastes like raspberry. Ew.

It's bedtime again and only Norah (who had 2 naps today) is holding out. I think I may actually make it to bed early tonight. Believe it or not, I don't have any photos to include with this post. The only photo I took today was one of Ben, Adlani, and Norah taking apart the panic device in our hotel room this morning. You can always go to my hardware blog...there are lots of photos there but most of them are photos of doors. Knock yourself out! Here it is.
.

No comments: