Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pee-Pee Dance

Every so often I look at one of my kids and wonder where the hell I went wrong. I have given them all a roof over their heads, nutritious food, clothes that won't get them ostracized by their peers, educational toys and books, tickets to cultural events, and the best preschool education a home equity credit line can buy. I've given them a bilingual education, lessons in gymnastics & swimming & tai quan do, and involved them in team sports so they'd be well-rounded. I read to them, I cook with them, and I play their music in the car. But some days I feel a little bit like Jeffrey Dahmer's mother when one of them does something I just can't fathom. Today was one of those days.

Adlani LOVES to watch TV. He would watch TV all day every day if I'd allow it. He sneaks the TV on when I'm not looking, and he is constantly asking me if we can buy the Nu-Wave Oven or the Buxton Organizer. Today he asked if we could buy Magic Hangers and went on to describe all of the features and benefits of the product. I have forbidden TV, locked the living room, and even locked the TV cabinets with cable locks through the door pulls. Once he opened the cabinet doors as much as the cable locks would allow, squeezed up behind the doors, and stood there between the TV and the cabinet doors watching Sponge Bob.

Well, apparently Adlani was watching TV in the master bedroom and it was a REALLY good show. So good that he didn't want to miss anything by running to the bathroom (we DO have the ability to pause the TV but for some reason that didn't come to mind as an option). So...he peed under my desk. WTF?!?! And sadly, it wasn't the first time.

So tonight I was telling my friend about the incident. I was seriously horrified by it. She cracked up and went on to tell me that her son (the same age) peed in the playroom because he didn't want to stop playing! Well, I guess if both of them did it, it must fall into the "normal" range of behavior. It's still gross.
.

No comments: