Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mary Imogene Basset Hospital

This morning I was talking to the facility manager from Bassett Hospital about my favorite work-related topic, fire door inspection.  His facility has a plan in place and I'm hoping to use some of their ideas in the pilot program I'm creating for Beth Israel.  When I found out that Bassett Hospital was in Cooperstown, New York, I said, "I think I was born in that hospital!  How many hospitals do you have in Cooperstown?"  Just one.  What a coincidence!

I happen to have the receipt my mother got after paying for my birth...the stars were aligned today and somehow I actually found it without looking very hard.  At first I got a little freaked out since it was dated in April of 1967 (my birthday is in August), but it was a prepayment.

Total Amount:  $25!  

Since my father was in the Army, all of the expenses were covered by the Army - except for food.  Isn't that crazy?  Why wouldn't they cover food?  Anyway, she paid 25 bucks and she got me.  What a bargain!
.

No comments: