Saturday, April 19, 2008

Me Encanta

Aliya's school held a poetry night this week. At first she wasn't sure she could write a poem but we talked about it and she ended up writing a poem about things she loved. Then she wasn't sure she wanted to read it in front of people since it was very personal and "people might think it was dumb". Since her poem was in Spanish I suggested that she show it to her teacher so she could advise her on grammar. I had Aliya's parent-teacher conference that day and her teacher loved the poem. She told Aliya that she would come to poetry night JUST for Aliya (there were only 3 kindergarteners who participated and Aliya was the only one from her class). During the day, the principal saw Aliya in line with her poem and she asked her about it. Aliya told her that she was going to recite it at poetry night, and the principal took her into the office to recite it for the secretaries, a couple of teachers, and the nurse. Before we left home to go to poetry night, Aliya said that it was ok if people thought her poem was dumb, there were at least 8 people who liked it. She did a great job!



Me Encanta (I Love)
By: Aliya

Me encanta mi familia (I love my family)
Me encanta nadar (I love swimming)
Me encanta colorear (I love coloring)
Me encanta cantar (I love singing)
Me encanta rosada (I love pink)
Me encanta leer (I love to read)
Me encanta mis maestras (I love my teachers)
Me encanta escribir (I love to write)
Me encanta mi nuevo dormitorio (I love my new bedroom)
Me encanta chiclit (I love gum)
Me encanta mis amigas (I love my friends)
Me encanta las frutas (I love fruit)
Que le encanta tu? (What do you love?)
.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

oh my, you must be so proud
fabuloso