Friday, September 18, 2009

My So-Called Life

This morning when I said that yesterday had been a long day, here's why:

7:00 a.m. - Naima (SIL) arrives to get Aliya and Adlani on the bus and take care of Norah.  I am making lunches and snacks in my underwear.
7:45 a.m. - Drive to Boston (now showered and dressed) for a meeting at the W Hotel.
9:00 - 11:30 - Walk up and down all stairwells at the W to look at the doors and figure out why certain electronic components are not doing what they're supposed to do. 
11:30 - 1:30 - Go to Revere to pick up Norah, drive back to the 'Ham and feed Norah while answering phone calls and emails on my Blackberry.
2:00 - Norah's swimming lesson at the Y, more phone calls and emails.
3:00 - Pick up Aliya and Adlani at school for a 3:45 doctors appointment.
3:30 - Meet Ben in the doctor's parking lot to hand off Adlani and Norah, take Aliya to doctor's.
4:15 - Head to the hospital for a chest x-ray on Aliya (clear).
5:00 - Leave hospital (in record time), call Ben to round up Aliya's soccer stuff and meet us at practice.
5:30 - Soccer practice.
6:00 - Take Adlani and Norah and pick up Majda (our niece) at Riverside T station, which became a 2-hour round trip because of traffic.
8:00 - Pick up dinner at Burger King.  Majda has not eaten for 24 hours because of Ramadan.
9:00 - Put kids to bed and accidentally fall asleep so I didn't do the work I had planned or get my act together for the morning.  Hence the rough start this morning.

I guess I'll be working this weekend.
.

No comments: