Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Laundry Sucks

For a while I was doing really well at sticking to my routine of doing a little laundry every day, but then Grandma Ginny was here and took over ALL of the laundry so I got out of the habit. Last week was really busy and I didn't do ANY laundry during the week and this is what greeted me on Saturday morning:



What I hate most about laundry is the amount of time it takes to do it. If it could be condensed into a 2-hour hardcore laundry session it wouldn't bother me as much, but it takes more than an entire day to do a week's worth of our laundry. It almost makes me want to take it to the laundromat so I can commandeer 10 washers and 10 dryers and be done with it. Sometimes I get sidetracked in the middle and a load hangs out in the washer for so long that it needs to be re-washed. And it seems like I constantly have piles of clean laundry waiting to be put away. What I REALLY HATE is when I find something that I KNOW HASN'T BEEN WORN, BACK IN THE DIRTY LAUNDRY!!

The "after" photo doesn't come close to representing the amount of time and effort it takes to send my family out into the world funk-free:



At least I know I'm not the only one who hates doing laundry:
.

.

No comments: