Monday, May 25, 2009

The Tadpoles Go To Holland

Holland, Massachusetts, that is. Aliya's teacher and I were both worried that the tadpoles wouldn't make it through the long weekend so I agreed to take them home with me. Except that "home" meant schlepping them to our camp in Holland (next to Sturbridge). The poor things were sloshing around like they were caught in a tsunami, and Ben's patience with my passenger-seat driving wore thin around exit 13. We all made it to camp alive and they survived the return trip too. Aliya wanted to take them to the beach but I thought that was pushing our luck a little so they spent the weekend on our dresser.
.
They were a lot of fun to watch (for me, anyway...Ben thinks I'm completely "gone") and surprise, surprise, one of them turned into a frog! It was amazing how quickly Tiny went from a tadpole with legs to a teeny tiny frog. His tail disappeared in about 36 hours. Today I headed out to Petworld to figure out how to keep him alive since he doesn't seem to be eating the flakes and pellets we've been feeding the tadpoles. I guess if they don't survive it will help with our dilemma about what to do with them when the school year is over. At this point I'll be happy if he is still breathing tomorrow morning so Aliya's class can see him. I may have to stay awake all night in case he needs medical intervention. ;-)
.
Saturday Morning:



Sunday Evening:
.
.

No comments: