Friday, May 8, 2009

Staff Appreciation Day

This photo seemed like a good idea at the time, probably because it hid most of our bodies and exposed only our heads. As you can't see, all of the Zumba is really paying off.
.
I co-chaired the staff luncheon at Aliya's school and helped out with the one at Adlani's school so I ended up taking 2 personal days. I usually work at night when I have something to do during the day that keeps me from working, but Wednesday night I was EXHAUSTED and Thursday night we went to the circus and then I met the ladies out at Samba, so I didn't do my second shift. It was actually kind of nice to take the personal days...it took some of the pressure off even though the emails and voice mails were waiting for me today.
.
The luncheons went really well and the teachers were all very appreciative. At Aliya's school, the PTO bought a Cricut die-cut machine which is SO COOL. I am coveting it and it's on sale at AC Moore for Mothers Day weekend. You can cut out letters, numbers, shapes - different sizes, different fonts - it's so versatile. I'm going to sneak into the teachers' lounge when I need to cut out something for Adlani's school, because I guarantee I won't be finding my own Cricut under the Mothers Day bush since Ben picks a fight with me on my birthday and Mothers Day every year so he can ignore those days again. Just wait and see.
.

No comments: