Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Real Deal

Last weekend Ben took the kids to one of our favorite holidays events, breakfast with Santa. One of my customers, Pasek Corp, has a close relationship with Santa (he works there in the off-season) and they host a fabulous breakfast with the big guy. I couldn't make it to breakfast this year because I had accidentally scheduled the Pathways wrapping brunch for the same day, but I told Ben to take lots of video so I could watch later. Let's just say that my position as family photographer and historian is not in jeopardy.

Here's the sole piece of footage that can be watched without inducing nausea. As you can see, even though Norah had been telling everyone she saw for the last two weeks that she would be sitting on Santa's lap, Santa's in the same category with Elmo and Cookie Monster...nice to look at as long as they don't get too close. She made sure to grab the gift though.

.

.Yesterday I asked Aliya what she put on her list for Santa, and she said, "A digital camera, an iPod, and a Nintendo DS." Hold everything...where'd that DS come from? I told her that Santa wouldn't be able to afford such expensive gifts and she said, "OK...you can cross off the digital camera." Um...since the photo printer that came as a free gift with purchase has already been given away to Adlani's teacher, no-can-do. Ho Ho Ho.

...

No comments: