Sunday, December 28, 2008

Story Time

I have pictures just like this of Aliya, but Adlani has never once set his action figures up classroom style and read them a story, or laid them out on dishcloths for nap. It must be a girl thing.



I had a chance to visit Adlani's class for an hour last week and his teacher, Maria, made him Estrella del Dia (Star of the Day) since I was there. It was so cool to see how Maria uses games, songs, and repetition to teach Spanish. I told her that I think I could even learn Spanish from her class. I learned about 15 words while I was there and I still remember them! When we picked Adlani up before vacation Ben brought him out without his boots and snowpants, so Aliya and Ben went back into the school to look for them. Maria was still there and she and Aliya carried on a conversation in Spanish about the missing snowpants and boots. Ben was blown away. He hasn't really heard Aliya converse in Spanish with a Spanish-speaker. I told him (AGAIN) that if he had been talking to her in Arabic she'd be fluent in that too. Oh well.


.

No comments: