Thursday, June 18, 2009

Research Fair

A couple of weeks ago, Aliya's school had their annual research fair. Aliya's projects were on penguins and walruses. The penguin habitat turned out great, thanks to Auntie Rachael and Vanessa helping with the Sculpey penguins and the iceberg in a plastic shoebox. It pays to have friends and relatives with advanced degrees in art.

We went to the classroom and the kids were so cute...each sitting next to their project and an empty chair, patiently waiting for a parent to come over so they could explain their research. The projects were in Spanish so the kids translated the hard words for me. One little boy, Leif, told me all about how the baby penguins eat the throw-up from the parents. When I said that was gross, he said, "It's not gross if you're a baby penguin. They LIKE fish throw-up!" We had to cut the visit short because Norah wouldn't keep her hands off the projects. The other day, someone I don't know approached me at the Y and said, "I saw you the other day crossing the street with 3 kids hanging off of you." That's the story of my life.



.

No comments: