Friday, June 12, 2009

Stats

Last Friday night I installed a plugin on my other blog (here it is) so I could see what my visitors were searching for when they found my site, which will help me figure out what I should post about. I'm obsessed with looking at my stats now, and I noticed that today, two people arrived at my hardware blog via my personal blog. I find it hard to believe that someone who is reading posts about the kids, tadpoles, and my random thoughts, would actually click on a link to read (or at least glance at) a blog about door hardware.

Anyway, seeing the reference to this blog on the hardware blog stats, I decided to finally look at the stats for lockmommy. With the other blog, the counter started the day I installed the plugin, so I couldn't see any history. With this blog, all I had to do was access Google Analytics and BAM...there was the history from Day 1 until now.

Lockmommy is not searchable, which means that if you go on Google or any other search engine and type in "tadpole farmer", "piglet flu", or any of the kids names, my site won't be shown. You have to know the URL and access it directly, so the site is only accessed by my friends, family, and others who have heard about the site from friends and family. I set it up that way to keep away most of the pervs and other lowlifes.

In the last year, 423 unique users from 25 states (including Puerto Rico) have visited lockmommy 2,559 times with 5,028 pageviews. Almost all of the visitors came to the site and read the home page, which contains the last 10 posts, so the pageviews are relatively low because you basically get 10 posts with 1 pageview. But 423 users?!?! Who are you people?? I hope you're not pervs or lowlifes!

Being the people-pleaser that I am, I immediately started obsessing about what I'm going to post in order to keep 423 people happy. It's like having a crowd coming over and worrying about whether I have enough beverage options for everyone. I guess I'll just keep posting about pee/poop, family outings, and stuff that happens to me. What else is there?
.

No comments: