Friday, July 17, 2009

Adios Los Pinguinos

I'm almost caught up with posting the photos from the end of school when everything was crazy.

I went to school on the last day to release the rest of the tadpoles and fulfill a last-minute assignment to take photos of two of the classes and print them, have each kid sign the mats, and then put them in frames. They came out nice but I don't do last-minute well. While I was there, Aliya's teacher realized that she didn't buy enough beach balls to give one to each kid for their friends to sign, so she asked me to run to Walgreens. I said, "Isn't it almost time for the buses to come?" She looked at her watch and said, "No, we have 14 minutes." WHAT?? I left Norah in the classroom and flew to Walgreens, ran in, grabbed 6 packages of beach balls, ran to the register ("It's a beach ball emergency!"), flew back, parked in front of the dumpster, and ran to the back door of the classroom that I never even knew existed. Phew!

Aliya's Class (Los Pinguinos):




Cora Stubbs-Dame's Class:




Las Cuatro Amigas:




Am I the only one who didn't know that the teachers have an end-of-year ritual (see video below)? Minerva went around to each classroom to wish the kids a happy summer, and she told them that the teachers would be dancing for them. I would dance in the rain too if I was waving goodbye to work for 2 1/2 months.


.

No comments: