Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jailbird

Last month I had to go to my doctor's office on a Friday morning to have blood drawn for thyroid and cholesterol tests. Norah's day care provider was taking a personal day so Norah came along with me. She was pretty good at the doctor's office and I hadn't had breakfast because it was supposted to be a "fasting" test, so we stopped in Davis Square to have coffee (milk for her). I don't know if it's a sign of the economy or what, but there were about 50 people in Starbucks, working on their computers, writing in notebooks, reading, or chatting. Normally I would expect those people to be sitting at their desks, but the place was packed. We sat outside and enjoyed the surprisingly dry late spring day.

Norah didn't want to walk down this alleyway because she thought it was "jail". On the way back from Starbucks she was brave enough to walk down the alley AND pose for a picture.


.

No comments: