Monday, July 6, 2009

Dr. C



This morning I got all the kids up VERY early for a 7:30 "social visit" at our new pediatric dentist's office. Tara HIGHLY recommended Dr. Carapezza when I told her how much Adlani hated going to the dentist. The poor little guy had 4 cavities when he was about 3 1/2 and I literally laid on top of his legs, held his hands, and held his torso down with my head while 3 people attended to his head. Every time we went, he completely cleared the room that was supposed to hold 4 kids having various procedures, because of his screaming and thrashing. And that was WITH the gas. For $100 worth of gas not covered by insurance I'd expect better results than that. Maybe I should have tried the gas myself - it would have taken the edge off the whole experience.

Anyway, Tara seems to love Dr. C, and he has TVs - SOLD! Aliya's (regular adult) dentist has already said that she'll need braces and Norah is due for her first cleaning so I decided to make a fresh start and take all 3 to Dr. C's. The kids each received personalized books in the mail about their upcoming visit to the dentist - very cool. At the social visit everyone got to sit in the chairs where they'll have their exams, cleanings, and x-rays. There were stuffed animals all over the place with giant teeth - a little freakish to me but the kids thought they were cool. The hygienist, Michele, explained everything and sent each of the kids home with a Mr. Thirsty (suction tube) to drink out of, toothpaste to try, plus stickers, rings, erasers, etc.

On the way out I stopped to verify the time of Adlani's cleaning on Wednesday, and the receptionist told me that the appointment was for ALL 3 KIDS to have cleanings simultaneously! I don't know whether that's a good or bad idea but what the heck? So far they're really excited about their new dentist and I am too. Adlani's old dentist was ok, but honestly, I couldn't stand the receptionist ladies there. I was afraid to call and change an appointment, even with plenty of notice, and they seemed impatient when I couldn't just take the first appointment they offered. Life is too short to deal with snippy people. That's my new motto.
.

No comments: