Friday, March 26, 2010

29 Gifts, Day 2 - Multicultural Night

It's strange how taking on a challenge changes your focus.  When I woke up this morning, one of the first things I thought about was what gift to give today, right after I thought, "Why didn't the alarm go off 25 minutes ago?" and "Hey!  There's only one kid in my bed!"  I actually have quite a backlog of gifts I've promised, so I should be ok for the first third of the challenge or so.

A few weeks ago we had our annual Multicultural Night at school, which is a potluck dinner and celebration of another country/culture.  This year the country was Puerto Rico, and since we have so many families with ties to Puerto Rico it was very well-attended and a great time.  Our friend Eguie Castrillo put a band together and provided the music for the dancers, and we had a special presentation for our principal, Sra. Gonzalez, who is retiring this year.

My gift today was to finally put up the bulletin board of photos from Multicultural Night in the school lobby.  It was an early release day and we had Aliya's parent-teacher conference, so in between I put up the photos.  The conference was short and sweet because Aliya's a model student and is reading at a 3rd grade level (she's in 2nd).  We may have to book a double time slot for Adlani's conference.  :-P

Here are a few of the photos from Multicultural Night:





___________________________________________________________________________
I didn't videotape Aliya when she was introducing one of the groups of dancers (above), so I recorded it later on at home in her pjs (below):


.

No comments: