Wednesday, March 10, 2010

El Policia

This morning I dropped Norah off at preschool, put Adlani and Aliya on the bus, and went back to preschool for an hour of PTO business.  As I walked to the front door, I met up with a police officer heading in the same direction.  He didn't look like he was in a hurry, but I did notice that he was wearing his gun which seemed unusual if he was going to spend time in a preschool class.  Personally, I'd be a little worried that the shorty mob would overtake him and gain control of his weapon, but I guess he felt confident that he'd be able to subdue them.

Just inside the front door, we met Norah's teacher, who was obviously waiting for the officer.  When she saw me, she said, "HE (pointing to the officer) can help us with YOUR daughter!"

What a brilliant idea!  Yesterday I got an email from the teacher saying that Norah wouldn't get in line, yelled "NO!" in the teacher's face, pushed a kid, spit at somebody, and I can't even remember what else.  All in one day!

I turned to the officer with what I'm sure he thought was an inappropriate amount of excitement and said, "YES!  When you see the little curly-headed one, tell her that if she doesn't follow the rules she'll have to go to jail!  And make sure you say it in English, because she probably doesn't know the word for 'jail' in Spanish!"

Norah came home with her typical *fresh* attitude, so I think she's going to need another visit with El Policia.
..



No comments: