Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Humpty Dumpty

When we picked Adlani up from school today we were talking about what he had learned. He proudly recited his new poem...

"Humpty Dumpty, *fat* on a wall,
He got a great fall..."

He also told me that his friend at school had "strawberry peewee" (kiwi) juice and that he pees in the "journal" (urinal). Aliya was hysterical.

I went to the preschool PTO meeting tonight. It's shocking to me the amount of fundraising the PTO has to do, and how much begging the teachers have to do. At orientation the teachers asked us to send paper towels, kleenex, and any miscellaneous craft supplies we have cluttering up the house. I don't think the schools had to beg for basic supplies when I was in school. I clearly remember having plenty of those folded brown paper towels. It looks like my volunteer job with the PTO is going to be to manage the teachers' wish lists.

Speaking of back when I was in school (aka "the old days"), Aliya recently asked me if I was alive when there were dinosaurs. When I said no she asked, "Well, how about Daddy?"

No comments: