Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rosh Hashanah, Day 1

No, we haven't suddenly become a tri-denominational family, but we are celebrating the Jewish New Year with two days off from school. Yay. It's a good thing my job is flexible because even though Ben stayed home today I didn't get much work done. Aliya, Norah, and I went to Next Generation for a visit and saw a bunch of our favorite teachers and staff. Then we did a few errands and took Auntie Monica to lunch at Firefly's for her birthday. The $8.99 lunch buffet was great! In the afternoon I made harira, while also answering emails and voice mails. It looks like I'll be working third shift tonight. Zoe and I rounded out the day by dropping in on an obedience class at Alpha Dog K9. I was very obedient but Zoe was a little distracted by all of the other dogs, particularly a 5-pounder who I'm sure was very confusing to her ("...hmmmm....it smells like a dog, but it looks like a squirrel...I wonder what it tastes like..."). It was the first time in recent history that she had been with lots of other dogs but she did pretty well.

No comments: