Monday, October 12, 2009

Adios Mi Hermano y Hermana!

Uncle Josh & Auntie Rachael came to spend the weekend with us on their way to SPAIN...I'm so jealous!

We showed them a good time...a big Mexican feast followed by a little karaoke at Samba to help celebrate Jenny's birthday.

The local crazies were out in full force and I had the pleasure of singing Hopelessly Devoted to You with a woman who appeared to have taken a controlled substance (I just realized how long it's been since I've used the word "stoned").  She interjected her own lyrics including, "My head is sayin'...ooooh...just kill him, kill him...."

At Lana's request, Pam, Jenny, and I sang You Don't Bring Me Flowers...that was a first for me.  Well, the first time with an audience that was not related to me anyway.

The rest of the weekend, Uncle Josh & Auntie Rachael were just the diversion I needed.  They played multiple games of Candyland and Nintendo DS and just generally acted like they were interested in Elmo, Hannah Montana, and Scooby Doo so I didn't have to.  Last night we made couscous and today they headed for Madrid.

Lucky patos!!
.

No comments: