Thursday, October 22, 2009

American Boy

Sometimes when I'm joking around with the kids they take me seriously, like the time Aliya asked me what the sign with the P and a circle with a line on it meant and I said, "No peeing."  Those fibs always seem to resurface, long after I've forgotten about them.  I guess I should be more careful.

Today Adlani said, "Let's go to the American Girl Doll Store!  That place is so much fun!"  WTF?  Since when does Adlani like American Girl dolls?  And when did he ever GO to the AG store?  He reminded me that his friend Ailadis had her birthday party there.  I was so confused!  I knew that Adlani had gone to her party but I was positive that it wasn't at the AG store. 

I finally figured out that when we got the invitation to the party and Adlani asked me where it was going to be, I told him it would be at the AG store just to freak him out.  So for the last month he's been thinking that he had a hell of a time at the AG store, when her party was actually at a place called "Backyard Adventures."  I hope he didn't tell any of his friends how much he likes going to the AG store!
. 

No comments: