Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Kitchen is Closed

One more day and my ten years of wishing for new countertops will be over!!  For the time being, we have no kitchen whatsoever, which really stinks!  It adds a whole new level of difficulty to getting the kids out of the house in the morning.

Ben and Orialis (our handy-guy) took the old countertops out on Sunday, and that went pretty smoothly other than the fact that there was nothing in the walls behind the backsplash.  There was a lot of patching to be done after the pry-bar went right through the sheetrock multiple times, but it wasn't really a surprise considering the workmanship of the previous owner.  Hopefully there won't be any unforeseen issues tomorrow and by dinner-time the countertops will be installed.  Orialis is coming over tomorrow night for a plumbing adventure...I'll be at my Adobe Flash class but I'll be under the sink in spirit. 

I can't wait to have countertops without cruddy grout lines!  Maybe I'll make a pie to celebrate...roll the crust right out on the counter.  YIPPEE!!!
.

No comments: