Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nit Patrol - Day 4

I am not accustomed to being defeated, particularly by something the size of a sesame seed. So far we've treated everyone in the house with lice-killer chemical shampoo. All of the bedding, coats, hats, etc., have been washed in hot water. The car has been cleaned and all of the kids' car seat covers washed. All of the kids have had haircuts. I have checked everyone's head at least twice a day, and I have spent 4-5 hours combing through Aliya's hair looking for nits. When the substitute nurse arrived yesterday, she looked at Aliya's hair and saw more nits so I had to go pick her up. This morning I was giddy with the knowledge that I had found and annihilated every single nit. Until the other substitute nurse found about 12 more. What a letdown. We came straight home and saturated Aliya's head with olive oil, wrapped her in cling-wrap, and left her like that for almost 5 hours. She was a good sport but she had a hard time keeping the dog away. That olive oil just smelled too good! She'll kill me for posting this picture but if we make it through inspection tomorrow morning at the nurse's office (if we don't have a snow/ice day), it'll be worth getting the Silent Treatment for a while.

Wish me luck!
.

No comments: