Saturday, January 24, 2009

Minor Flood

The other night, Ben made the offhand comment on his way upstairs that the dishwasher was leaking. I went to investigate and there were soapsuds oozing out around the door and all over the floor. Ben, in true Ben-fashion, had thrown down a dish towel and called it a day. This picture was taken AFTER I scooped up a ton of the suds (check out the sink). This is a symptom of someone using regular dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher, but the detergent I used was still sitting on the counter and it's the right stuff. One of the Moroccan habits is to put dishwashing liquid in a small bowl with water when they're handwashing dishes, so I wondered if the bowl ended up in the dishwasher with too much dishwashing liquid left in it. I guess we'll never know but Ben spent the night in the doghouse. The kitchen floor has never been cleaner so I guess that's the silver lining to this cloud.
.

No comments: