Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nit Patrol - Day 6

I'm sorry to keep you in suspense. I was so relieved that we finally got rid of every single nit I had to take to my bed for a couple of days to recuperate.

After being rejected by the school nurse for the third time on Wednesday (7 nits), I got out serious. In the photo at left I'm using a halogen worklight, a floor lamp, and a headlamp, plus the overhead light in the dining room. I examined every single piece of hair on Aliya's head, and sectioned the completed parts off with twistie-ties. It took over an hour, bringing the nit-picking total to 6 HOURS on ONE HEAD, and I found 2 nits. Done. Seriously - DONE.

Thursday morning we went to the nurse's office - personally I was expecting another rejection since Aliya had practice for the school play on Thursday after school and Friday was pajama day. No pressure. I had checked her head at home before we left, and in the car before we entered the school. The nurse spent a solid half hour with the lighted magnifier going through Aliya's entire head again. After about 25 minutes she said, "Oh no." I said, "I'm SURE it's a false alarm. Look again." Upon further inspection it was not a nit. Aliya literally ran to her classroom she was so excited to be back in school. Nit Patrol - over and out.
.

No comments: