Friday, April 2, 2010

29 Gifts, Day 10 - Massachusetts Audubon Society

My gift today was a donation to the Massachusetts Audubon Society.  We took advantage of the beautiful weather and the Good Friday holiday to spend the afternoon at Drumlin Farm, a trip that has become an annual pilgrimage to commemorate the beginning of the beautiful spring weather.

It was a little muddy, and there were quite a few detours on the way because of the flooding, but we had a great time and enjoyed the gorgeous afternoon.  The kids were exhausted afterward, so we took a driveway nap - one of my favorite pastimes when the kids were babies.  I'd drive them around until they fell asleep, then I'd go through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen, drive home and sit in the driveway eating my ice cream and reading a book.  When I got tired out I'd put the seat back and zonk out.  That's what I did at about 5 p.m today, minus the ice cream.  Ahhhhhh.....

Here are some photos from this afternoon...lots of signs of spring:



























.

No comments: