Thursday, April 1, 2010

29 Gifts, Day 9 - Breakfast Toward a Cure

Today I gave a gift, but since I got something in return, it hardly feels like I gave.  That happens a lot with gifts...you put some good karma out there and you get something back.  I bought 5 tickets to a fundraiser for breast cancer, but in return I get to enjoy a morning with my daughters and friends at the American Girl Store.  That was painless!

My friend Sharon and her friend Kymm are walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on May 15th-16th.  This is a walk of up to 39 miles to raise money for cancer screening, support, treatment, and research.  They're holding a fundraiser at the American Girl Store in Natick on Sunday, April 11th.  Tickets are $25 and you can read all about the event here.  To RSVP or request tickets, email teamdoublepink@gmail.com.

Check out Team Double Pink's site if you can't attend the fundraiser but would like to make a donation.  Here's more about the walk:



Is anyone inspired to walk next year? I am!
.

No comments: