Monday, April 5, 2010

29 Gifts, Day 12 - Happy Easter!

I don't know if a gift for my family really counts, but since there are no strict rules for the gift-giving challenge, I'm going to call our Easter activities my gift for the day.  I helped the Easter Bunny with some ideas for just what the kids would want in their baskets, and he hid eggs everywhere!  I have personally eaten enough candy to cancel out my next 15 Zumba classes.

A few days ago Ben said that since I missed Thanksgiving (I had the flu) we should have a big Easter dinner and invite a bunch of people over.  Because I always say yes to everything, I initially agreed, but the more I thought about it I just didn't see how I could handle it along with everything else.  As of yesterday afternoon we hadn't planned, shopped, or invited anyone, so I went online to see where we could go out for brunch/lunch/dinner.

I was lucky to grab some of the last tickets for a lunch cruise on the Spirit of Boston.  It was GREAT!  The food was typical banquet food, but it was such a GORGEOUS day and it was a really nice ride around Boston Harbor.  The Easter Bunny came along too, and Norah got over her fear of furry creatures with giant heads and by the end of the cruise she wouldn't stop hugging him.  That exposure therapy really works!  They had goody bags, egg dipping, and an ice cream bar for the kids.  There were definitely times that I wished I was alone in my room at the asylum with a ham and scalloped potato TV dinner, but the DJ was loud enough to drown out the kids' bickering for the most part.


---------------------------------------------------------

Everyone came home and took a nap...a great day all around.  I find it vaguely disturbing that the three photos from Easter morning where the kids look the most excited are the ones with the $1 bills, but I guess it could be worse.  I heard Adlani say to Norah the other day, "You can't buy ANYTHING with a dollar!"  He has probably pocketed all 3 dollars by now...halfway to a new Bakugan!!



 



No comments: