Wednesday, April 21, 2010

29 Gifts, Day 29 - Indy & Wish List

I love staying in hotels.  I'm in Indianapolis for a couple of days and I have more than enough *stuff* in a small carry-on bag.  The mess in my room is limited to my 3 cubic feet worth of stuff.  I have a king size bed with 7 pillows, all to myself.  I have 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, 5 washcloths, and 3 miniature bottles of lotions and potions - all mine.  I haven't turned the TV on once since I arrived and have not had to listen to a single cartoon voice or adolescent actress in crisis.  Nobody woke me up during the night for a drink, a trip to the potty, or a sleeping companion.  People keep feeding me and cleaning up after me.  As much as I love my family, it's nice to spend a couple of days in Indiana now and then.

Today's gift was to set up an online wish list for the teachers at Aliya & Adlani's elementary school.  It's not finished yet, but I hope to have it done in time for teacher appreciation week.

And now, I will pass out in my giant bed where I will huddle at the edge and not move for the entire night for fear of waking up whoever may have crawled in during the night.  It's amazing what you can get used to. 
.

No comments: