Wednesday, April 14, 2010

29 Gifts, Day 22 - Word Games

My gift today was to update the word games that the kindergarten classes were using. Adlani's teacher told me what she was looking for and I created some drafts and tried them out with his class. They really liked them so I printed them out for each classroom.

THIS is the kind of classroom help I can feel confident about. When I'm actually IN the classroom and getting my instructions in Spanish, I don't know whether the teacher's telling me to read to the kids, have them read to me, or organize the bookshelves in alphabetical order. Luckily, the kids know that I need remedial help and they translate for me. It's amazing how much Spanish they know already.

Here's one of the games. The kids roll the dice and move the number of circles, then say the word in the circle. They can also look for a matching word elsewhere on the path.  They're doing great!

No comments: